TOUR STARTING POINT
We will start our trip at the Calvert Street Parking Garage, located conveniently off of Rowe Boulevard, the main road into Annapolis from Route 50. For GPS purposes, the street address is: 45 Calvert Street, but the entrance is off of St. John's Street. The 300-car garage sits at the edge of the Historic District, at the intersection of Calvert Street and Bladen Street, adjacent to St. John's College, the nation's third oldest college, where free parking is offered on weekends (space permitting).
Each trip begins at the Calvert Street Garage. Take the main Annapolis exit off Route 50 onto Rowe Boulevard (MD 70). Cross the Weems Creek Bridge. Go through the next two traffic lights (Farragut Avenue & Taylor Avenue) and then you will cross the College Creek Bridge. A few hundred feet after the bridge, Rowe Boulevard forks. Stay straight and the road name changes to Bladen Street. Go to the first traffic light and turn left onto Calvert Street. Go one block and turn left onto St. Johns Street. The entrance into the parking garage is on your left. The garage is free on weekends but it operates on a first come/first served basis. It is highly unlikely the garage will be filled at ten on a Saturday or Sunday morning, but we can not guarantee parking. If you have brought your own bike and helmet, please offload in the garage and then meet us on St. Johns Street in front of the garage. If you are renting a bike, please meet us in the same location and your bike will be there waiting for you. If you are riding or walking from some other location, the trips still lead from the Calvert Street Garage.
ANNAPOLIS BY BIKE TIME LINE
1. Meet at the Calvert Street Garage at 8:45 AM and Depart at 9:00 AM SHARP!
(We will not wait for late riders!)
2. Louis Goldstein Memorial and the Firemen's Memorial - 9:05
3. Calvert/Clay Street Street Murals- 9:10
4. Stanton Center Mural - 9:20
5. Chesapeake Ecology Center @ Adams Academy - 9:30
6. Navy Stadium Raingardens & Eco-Landscaping & Trail - 9:45
7. Poplar Trail & Right Tree/Right Place Pilot Project - 9:55
8. Invasive Plants and the Police Station Green Roof - 10:00
9. Amos Garrett Street-End Park & Living Shoreline - 10:15
10. Scenic Ride Through the City's Upscale Neighborhood - 10:30
11. Market Place & the Kunta Kinte/Alex Haley/Compass Rose Memorials - 10:40
12. City Dock & Susan Campbell Park - 10:45
13. John Barry Memorial and the U.S. Naval Academy - 10:50
14. State House & the Thurgood Marshall/Taney Memorials - 11:00
15. Return to the Nearby Calvert Street Parking Garage
Copyright © 2010, Annapolis by Bike. All rights reserved.